- 4slicesbacon, diced
- 1onion, chopped
- 2clovesgarlic, finely chopped
- 1teaspoondried tarragon
- 1teaspoondried basil
- 2tablespoons finely choppedparsley
- 1/4cup gratedparmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- 1/2cup gratedcheddar cheese
- 2cupscooked rice
- In a large pot of boiling water, boil the zucchini until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and refresh with cold water until cool.
- Dice the zucchini.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, cook the bacon until limp.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice, tarragon, basil, parsley and Parmesan cheese.
- Remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add the zucchini to the rice mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Oil a 12″ x 8″ ovenproof baking dish and pack with the rice/zucchini mixture.
- Sprinkle with the Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »