- 2lbszucchini, coarsely shredded
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoonsolive oil, divided
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/4cup choppedparsley
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh basil or2 teaspoonsdried basil
- 2 beateneggs
- 4ouncesgoat cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2tablespoonsdry breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 °F, and coat a 1-quart shallow baking or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a bowl and add salt to taste, mixing well.
- This will be a seasoning as well as an agent to draw out moisture.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then drain the water that has collected at the bottom of the bowl.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil over medium heat in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add the zucchini and black pepper to taste, and cook for approximately 10 minutes or until all the moisture has evaporated.
- If this goes well beyond 10 minutes, you may drain the zucchini and return to the skillet, but you really do want to get rid of all the moisture.
- Add the garlic, mix well and cook 5 minutes more, stirring as needed.
- Stir in the parsley and basil, and remove from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Beat the eggs and goat cheese together in a bowl.
- This may be done with a whisk, but do try to break the cheese down into small bits and incorporate well with the eggs.
- Stir the cooled zucchini into the egg mixture, then spoon into the baking dish.
- Top with bread crumbs and drizzle the remaining TBS olive oil over the top.
- Bake until golden brown, approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »