- 3tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- 4medium tendercarrots, peeled and julienned
- 5smallzucchini, julienned
- 2garlic cloves, crushed, with(optional for those who are allergic)
- 1tablespoondry sherry
- 1/2cup brokenwalnuts
- 1/4cup choppedfresh basil
- 1cupheavy cream
- 6ouncesgorgonzola, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- gratedparmesan cheese
- In a saute pan over medium heat, saute the carrots in oil, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes, then cover and let simmer for an additional 3 minutes.
- Increase the temperature to high and add the zucchini, crushed garlic, and sherry and saute, stirring, for about 4 to 5 minutes until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Transfer cooked vegetables to an oven-safe serving dish and set in a warmed oven.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a small skillet; stir in the walnuts and basil and cook for 3 minutes then set aside.
- Over medium high heat in a saute pan, heat the cream until steaming, then stir in the Gorgonzola cheese until it melts; add the nutmeg, salt, pepper, and the walnut basil mixture.
- Retrieve cooked vegetables on serving plate from warming oven and pour the walnut gorgonzola sauce over.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »