- 2cups thinly slicedonions
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- 2teaspoonsolive oil
- 2teaspoonsground fennel
- 4cups slicedzucchini, quarter lengthwise,then slice crosswise into bite-size pieces
- 4cups choppedfresh tomatoes
- 1/4cup choppedfresh basil
- pizza dough(homemade or storebought)
- 2cups gratedFontina cheese (optional)
- In a skillet saute the onions, garlic, and salt in the olive oil on medium heat for 7 to 10 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the ground fennel and zucchini and cook until the zucchini starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the tomatoes and basil.
- Allow to cool somewhat and drain any excess liquid before spreading on the pizza crust.
- Then top with cheese, if you wish, and bake according to the pizza crust directions.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »