- 1 (15 ounce)canblack beans, drained
- 1red bell pepper
- 3/4cupfrozen corn
- 1/4cup choppedolives
- 1tablespoon mincedfresh cilantro
- 2tablespoonslime juice
- 1chipotle chile in adobo
- 2/3cup mildsalsa
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- Place red pepper on a baking sheet under oven broiler; turn pepper over occasionally until skin is charred on all sides; place hot roasted pepper into sealed plastic bag for about 10 minutes to steam off skin; peel pepper under very small stream of running tap water; remove stem and seeds from pepper, then dice.
- Combine and toss together black beans, diced roasted red pepper, corn, olives, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Mince chipotle pepper until pureed; combine with salsa and spices; stir into bean mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to meld; serve at room temperature.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »