- 24ouncesfresh cranberries
- 1cinnamon stick
- 2teaspoonsorange zest
- 2oranges, in segments
- Mix the cranberries, sugar, Zinfandel, cinnamon, orange peel, and orange segments in an electric slow cooker (crock pot).
- Cover and cook on HIGH until at least half of the cranberries pop, 5 to 7 hours.
- Remove the cinnamon stick, and stir in the currants.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill.
- Great served with a little whipped cream or on their own.
- I also like to serve on top of pound cake slices or angel food or even gingerbread sometimes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »