- 1largecabbage, chopped(I just used my food processor and it worked out great)
- 1largeyellow onion, chopped
- 1cupwhite vinegar
- 1tablespoonkosher salt
- 1 1/2teaspoonscelery seeds
- 3/4cupcorn oil
- 1teaspoondry mustard
- 1/4-1/2teaspoonwhite pepper
- In a deep bowl, alternate layers of cabbage and onion.
- Pour 7/8 cup sugar over the top.
- Let stand 2-3 hours covered or not, doesn’t matter.
- Combine the rest of the dressing ingredients and bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour over cabbage and stir.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring once or twice.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
- Cooking time is refrigeration time.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »