- 1 3/4cupslentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2largeonions, chopped
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)candiced tomatoes, with liquid
- 2cupschicken broth
- 2largecarrots, sliced
- 1/2cup slicedcelery
- 1bell pepper, diced
- 2tablespoons choppedparsley
- 1bay leaf
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2lblow-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place all ingredients, except the cheese, in the crockpot, stir.
- Cook on high setting for 2-1/2 hours, or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the cheese until it is melted and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »