- 1cupwild rice, sorted and washed
- 5 1/2cupschicken stock
- 1cupdried currants
- 1cuppecan halves
- 6shallots, sliced paper thin
- 1orange, zest of
- 1/3cupfresh orange juice
- 1/4cupextra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan bring Chicken Stock to a boil.
- Add Rice, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 50-60 minutes,’til tender.
- Drain and place in a non-reactive bowl.
- Mix all other ingredients, add to rice, fold well.
- Let stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- May be reheated but it’s great at room temperature and not at all bad chilled.
- A marvelous side dish for almost anything off of the grill, chicken, fish, pork, veal, what have you.
- Add a salad and a bottle of cellar temperature Chianti and a few friends to share with.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »