- 2/3cupwhole wheat flour
- 2/3cupcake flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 3/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 3largeegg whites
- 2tablespoonsbutter, melted,cooled
- strawberry jamor warmmaple syrup
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Combine flours, baking powder, cinnamon, soda and salt well; beat egg whites with sugar until thick and mixture has the consistency of sour cream, about 1 ½ minutes; spoon dry ingredients evenly over egg whites; carefully pour buttermilk and melted butter over; fold until combined.
- Heat pancake griddle over medium heat; add butter and heat until sizzling; drop batter by rounded tblsps onto griddle; cook pancakes until bottoms are brown, about 1 ½- 2 minutes; turn and cook until the other side is brown, about 1 more minute; transfer pancakes to a cookie sheet and keep warm in preheated oven; repeat with remaining pancake batter, adding more butter to griddle as necessary.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »