- 3cupswhite zinfandel wine
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce)box sure-jellfruit pectin
- 1/2teaspoonbutteror margarine (optional)
- 4cupssugar, measured into separate bowl
- Bring boiling water canner, half-full with water, to simmer.
- Wash jars and screw bands in hot soapy water, rinse with warm water.
- Pour boiling water over the flat lids in saucepan off the heat.
- Let sand in hot water until ready to use.
- Measure the wine into a 6 or 8 quart saucepan.
- Stir pectin into wine in the saucepan.
- Add butter (if desired) to reduce foaming.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil (a boil that does not stop bubbling when stirred) on high leat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in all sugar quickly.
- Bring to full rolling boil and allow to boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off any foam with metal spoon.
- Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8″ of rim.
- Wipe jar rims and threads.
- Screw bands tightly.
- Place jars on elevated rack in canner.
- Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches, add boiling water if needed.
- Cover, bring to a gentle boil and process for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely.
- After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger, if it springs back, it did not seal completely and refrigeration would be necessary.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »