- 1headcauliflower, about 6 cups florets
- 1/3cupheavy cream
- 1/4cupsour cream
- 1tablespoonDijon mustard
- 1/4teaspoonwhite pepper
- 3/4cup gratedgruyere cheese
- 2tablespoons thinly slicedfresh chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 1½-quart gratin baking dish with cooking spray and reserve.
- Break cauliflower into florets and boil until totally tender, about 5 minutes.
- Florets should be”mashable” but not mushy.
- Drain well, transfer to a food processor with the cream, sour cream, butter, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Process until mixture is a smooth, thick puree.
- Pulse in ½ cup of the grated Gruyere.
- Transfer mixture to gratin baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Sprinkle with chives to garnish.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »