- 2cups choppedonions
- 1cuprolled oats
- 1cupbrown rice flour
- 1cuprye flour
- 3teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1teaspooncider vinegaror rice vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a meduim skillet over low heat.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Grind the oats in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour.
- Sift together the oat flour, rice flour, rye flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat together the 1/4 cup of the oil, eggs, water, and vinegar.
- Stir the flour mixture into the liquid mixture until just mixed.
- Fold in the onions.
- Pour the batter into the pan for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and remove to cool on a rack.
- Let bread cool on the rack for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »