- 1 3/4cupsamaranth flour, sifted
- 2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 1/2cupnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2cupsbananas, mashed
- 1/4cupvegetable oil
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9″x5″ loaf pan.
- Process the 1/4 cup nuts in a blender or food processor until finely ground.
- Stir together the nuts with the flour, arrowroot and baking soda in a small bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the bananas, oil, honey, eggs, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients- try not to overmix.
- Fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour into a greased 9×5″ loaf pan or 2 7×3″ pans.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for about 10 min, then turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »