- 1 (12 lb) freshham
- 3bay leaves, crumbled
- 3clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoondried thyme
- 2tablespoons choppedparsley
- 3tablespoons mincedonions
- 2/3cupwhite wine, divided
- 2tablespoonssweet paprika
- 1lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Score the skin and fat of the fresh ham.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan (in Spain they use an oval earthenware one) and rub the skin with the butter.
- Combine bay leaves, garlic, thyme, parsley and minced onion; sprinkle this over the meat.
- Next sprinkle meat with the juice of 1 lemon, 1/3 cup white wine, sweet paprika and salt.
- Roast meat for 1-1/2 hours.
- Remove fat that has accumulated in the pan.
- Add to pan: 1/3 cup white wine and 1 cup water.
- Continue to roast for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours longer, or a total of 25 minutes per pound, basting every half hour with the pan juices.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »