- 1/4cup mincedonions
- 1lbextra lean ground beef
- 1egg, beaten
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 1/4cupseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (6 ounce)cantomato paste
- 1/2teaspoondried oregano
- 6slices smoked pressedham(paper-thin)
- 4ounces grated wsu vikingcheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute the onion in oil over medium heat until soft, about 7 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, garlic, bread crumbs, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the cooked onion to the meat mixture.
- Turn out on a sheet of aluminum foil; flatten with fingers into a 6×9-inch rectangle about 1/2-inch thick.
- Lay the ham slices on the meat mixture, keeping them about 1 inch from edge.
- Spread the grated Viking cheese on the ham, then use the foil to carefully fold the meat mixture over the ham and cheese, closing all openings.
- Transfer the layered loaf into a greased 3 1/2 x 7 1/2 inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
- Drain off the drippings and let set for 10 minutes before serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »