- 2tablespoonsbutteror margarine
- 5mediumvidalia onions or sweet onions, chopped
- 2cups freshbread cubes(about 10 slices, crusts removed)
- 1 (15 ounce)canfat-free evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce)can shreddedparmesan cheese
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add chopped onions, and sauté 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Place onions and bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Stir in milk, eggs, 1 cup of cheese, and salt.
- Pour into a lightly greased 1 1/2 quart soufflé or baking dish.
- Sprinkle with reamaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »