- 400gwhite bread, i usually use a white farmhouse style loaf
- 1smallred bell pepper, sliced
- 1smallyellow bell pepper
- 1smallcourgette, sliced
- 1onion, sliced
- 1tablespoonherbes de provenceor oregano
- 2-3clovesgarlic, minced
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1-1 1/2cupcheddar cheese, grated
- olive oil, for frying
- Slice the top of the loaf of bread and scoop out the soft part in the middle, leaving about 1 inch all around.
- (It’s up to you what you do with it, sometimes I leave it out and use it in another dish, other times I cut 1/2 of it into cubes and fry it with the vegetables.).
- In a skillet heat the olive oil and fry all the veg, adding seasoning and garlic, until softened, approx 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour out any liquid.
- Now layer the veg and cheese into the hollowed out bread and replace the top.
- Wrap the whole loaf in aluminium foil, place on a tray and bake in the middle of a preheated oven (180°C/350°F/Gas 4) for about 40-45 minutes, until heated through and all the cheese has melted.
- Slice with a very sharp knife and serve imidiatly.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »