- 1 (8 ounce)packageziti pasta or rotini pasta, cooked
- 2cups loosely packedfresh basil
- 1/2cup gratedparmesan cheese
- 1/2cuppine nuts
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1/2cupextra-virgin olive oil, plus
- 1tablespoonextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3lbasparagus, cut into quarters
- 1/3lbgreen beans, cut into thirds
- 1/3lbzucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- Make the pesto by pureéing the basil through garlic in a blender or food processor; slowly add the 1/2 cup olive oil, blending until smooth.
- Heat the 1 Tbs oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the asparagus, beans and zucchini about 10 minutes, stirring often, until cooked but not limp.
- Add 1 cup of the pesto, stir thoroughly, and cook until heated thru.
- Toss the pasta with the pesto-vegetable mixture and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »