- 2lbssliced mushrooms(fresh organic is the best)
- 1/3cupI Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter
- 2-4clovesgarlic, chopped(to your liking)
- 1tablespoonchili powder(add as little or much as you like)
- 1/4cupmixed Italian herbs(add a little at a time)
- 1tablespoonsalt(add as little or much as you like)
- 1tablespoonground nutmeg(add as little or much as you like)
- In a 4 quart pot, saute the mushrooms in soy butter till they get soft.
- Add the garlic, continue to stir occassionally.
- Saute on low heat for 10 minutes.
- In a blender, puree the cashews with the water.
- The smoother the better.
- Pour pureed cashews into the pot with the mushrooms.
- Add the chili powder, nutmeg, salt and Italian Seasonings.
- Stir frequently until it begins to thicken.
- *you may add corn starch to help thicken the soup, depending on how thick you want it.
- Season to taste, add more flavor by adding more nutmeg and chili powder and garlic powder.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »