- 2 1/4cupsflour
- 3/4cupbutter, softened
- 2egg yolks
- 1/2cupsliced almonds, crushed
- 1 (19 ounce)cancherry pie filling(I used E.D. Smith’s Light and Fruity)
- 1 (8 ounce)packagelight cream cheese, softened
- 2egg whites
- 1/4cuplight sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and lightly spray a 10″ springform pan with cooking spray.
- Crush the sliced almonds with your hands, until they are crumbs (they don’t need to be extremely fine).
- Mix the almonds, flour, and 1/2 cup sugar then add the butter and egg yolks to form crumbs (note you do not want this to form a ball, it should be nice small crumbs).
- Press 1/2 to 2/3 of the crumbs into the base of a springform pan then spread evenly with the cherry pie filling.
- Beat the eggs, egg whites, 2/3 cup sugar, cream cheese and sour cream until smooth then pour evenly over the cherries.
- Make sure the remaining crumb mixture is very finely crumbled then sprinkle it lightly and evenly over the top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes then remove from oven and cool completely before serving.
- Note: The cheesecake portion takes awhile to firm up and is better the second day.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »