- 1 (15 ounce)packageraisins
- 5cups siftedall-purpose flour
- 1 1/4cupsgranulated sugar
- 1tablespoonbaking soda
- 1 1/2teaspoonsground nutmeg
- 3largeeggs, beaten lightly
- 2 1/2cups gratedAmerican cheese((10 ounces))
- 2cups choppedwalnuts
- Bring beer to a boil in a small pan, then pour over raisins and let soak until cool.
- Combie flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Stir in the beer and raisins, eggs, cheese, and nuts, mixing well by hand until everything is combined (it wil still have some lumps and should resemble thick pancake batter).
- Spoon batter into 2 greased 9×5″ loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven for 45 minutes or until loaves test done.
- Let cool slightly on wire racks; serve warm or cold.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »