- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1smallonion, diced small
- 1smallcarrot, diced
- 1stalkcelery, diced
- 1red potato, diced
- 1 (14 ounce)canchicken broth
- 1/8teaspoonblack pepper
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce)cancannellini beans
- 2/3cuptubetti(any small macaroni will do)
- 1/2headescarole, thinly sliced and cooked
- In a 4 quart saucepan, over medium high heat, cook onion, carrot, celery and potato until lightly browned, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth, pepper and water; increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Increase heat to high; stir in beans with their liquid and pasta and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is done, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in escarole until heated through.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »