- 3tablespoonsmargarine or butter, divided
- 1largeonion, finely chopped
- 2lbsground turkey
- 2cupsfresh breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 1tablespoon choppedfresh dill or1 teaspoondried dill weed
- 1 (14 ounce)canchicken broth
- 1/3cupall-purpose flour
- 2 1/4cupsmilk
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, cook onion in 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In large bowl, mix cooked onion, ground turkey, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, eggs, 1/4 cup milk, and dill until blended.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in 2 tablespoons butter or margarine.
- Cook one third at a time until lightly browned; remove to bowl as they brown.
- In small bowl stir chicken broth and flour with wire whisk until smooth; pour into skillet.
- Over medium-high heat, heat to boiling, stirring to loosen brown bits from bottom of skillet; boil for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- Return meatballs to skillet; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »