- 12-14lbsturkey, washed and cleaned out
- 1cupkosher saltor sea salt
- 1/4cup tablesugaror brown sugar
- Combine 2 quarts of water in a 6 quart pot with salt and sugar, over high heat until dissolved.
- If wanted, add other seasonings at this time.
- Let come back to room temperature.
- You will need 2 gallon turkey size oven roasting bags.
- Place one roasting bag inside the other, roll down the edges of the bags to help them stay open.
- Put bags in a heavy roasting pan that will hold turkey.
- Place turkey breast side down, with legs facing you in the inner bag.
- Some help from another person at this point would be of help, they can hold the bags open for you as you pour the cooled brine into the cavity and over the turkey.
- Gather the inner bag as tightly as possible and secure with a twist tie.
- Secure outer bag with twist tie.
- Refrigerate in the roasting pan for 12-18 hours.
- Remove from bags, rinse very well, pat dry with paper towels.
- It’s now ready for your favorite recipe.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »