- 1packetsingle trifle sponge cakes(or a ready-made pound cake or similar)
- 1pint englishcustard, made from bird custard powder
- 1/2pintwhipping cream(heavy)
- 1 (400 g)packagefrozen raspberries(better than fresh)
- 100gstrawberry jam
- 1 (400 g)canpeach slices or2very ripefresh peaches, skinned and sliced
- 1/4-1/2pintcooking sherry
- 50gsliced almonds, toasted
- Slice the cake into slices measuring about 3 x 2 x 1/2 inches, or whatever is convenient, and spread each slice with a little strawberry jam.
- Layer in a glass dish, leaving no significant gaps.
- Pour sherry over to soak sponge.
- Spread frozen raspberries over sponge, followed by sliced peaches.
- Make up custard, cool slightly and pour over all.
- Allow to cool in fridge.
- When set, whip cream and layer on top of custard.
- Chill for at least half an hour.
- Toast the almonds and scatter over.
- That’s it, you’re done, serve and enjoy!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »