- 1 1/4lbsground turkey breast
- 4sliceswhole wheat bread, soaked in
- 2egg whites
- 1/2largeonion, chopped
- 2stalksscallions, medium chopped
- 1jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1smallcarrot, finely chopped
- 1tablespoonseasoning salt(e.g. Lawry’s brand)
- 1tablespoon gravy master seasoning andbrowning sauce
- 1/4teaspoondried basil
- 1/4teaspoondried thyme
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper
- 2tablespoonshoneyor brown sugar
- 1 1/2tablespoonsbalsamic vinegaror apple cider vinegar
- 1dashTabasco sauce (optional)
- In a large bowl, thoroughly combine the ground turkey, soaked bread and egg whites.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the turkey mixture (except those listed for the sauce) and combine with your hands or a mixing spoon.
- Bake uncovered in a greased loafpan at approximately 400 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl.
- Spread sauce on top of meatloaf and bake for an additional 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »