- 500g whitemarzipan
- 1strawberry licorice bootlace(twizzler)
- 6ounces toffeeicing
- 16ounceschocolate sprinkles
- 1/4cup blackicing
- 6tablespoonswhite sugar
- You will also need: brown thread (for non-edible whiskers- optional) and 4 toffee apple sticks.
- Break the Marzipan into 4 equal pieces and shape into rats.
- Trim the bootlace to size and insert appropriately for tails.
- Coat the bodies with a thin layer of toffee spread and roll them in the chocolate sprinkles to give the effect of fur.
- Use a small blob of icing for the eyes.
- If doing whiskers cut a few 5 cm lengths of thread and’sew’ them throuh the nose.
- Gently push a stick up each– er, rat, making sure it is secure.
- It’s all a bit dreadful, isn’t it?
- Bust still much better than using a real rat.
- In a heavy bottoms pan dissolve the sugar in the water and cook over a medium heat until it’s golden brown (warning this gets very hot so be careful!).
- When it’s ready turn off the heat and quickly coat each rat in it- do NOT use a pastry brush as it will melt!
- Place the rats in a cool dry place to set.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »