- 6ouncesbittersweet chocolate, ground fine
- 6ounces darkespresso, cooled
- 1/2cupbrandy or1 cupbrandy, and no marsala
- 36ladyfingers(DRY ITALIAN “OR” SAVOY BISCUITS)
- 7eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 1/4lbsmascarpone
- Mix the coffee with the half of the brandy and half of the marsala.
- place half the ladyfingers tightly together on the bottom of a shallow 3- to 4-quart glass serving dish and splash them with half the coffee mixture so they are soaked (but do not leave any unabsorbed liquid in the dish).
- in a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar and the remaining brandy and marsala until the eggs are light and foamy.
- Add the mascarpone and continue to whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- in another bowl, whip the egg whites to firm peaks and fold them into the mascarpone cream.
- spread half this mixture over the ladyfingers, and then, using half the ground chocolate, cover the cream mixture with an even layer.
- sprinkle the remaining ladyfingers with the rest of the coffee mixture and layer them in the dish.
- then, cover them with the remaining mascarpone cream, and then with the remaining chocolate.
- refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »