- 4lbschicken piecesor chicken breasts
- 6cupsdry bread cubes(diced bread)
- 1 1/4teaspoonssage
- 2tablespoonsoil, vegetable
- 4tablespoonsonions, chopped
- 1/2cupmargarine, melted
- 1 (10 ounce)cancream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2cupswater, cold
- Add salt, pepper, sage and 1/2 cup of flour together.
- Dip chicken in seasoned flour.
- Brown all over in hot oil.
- Dressing- Combine bread cubes, onion and melted margarine with 1/2 of the soup to bind.
- In a roasting pan place the bread dressing on bottom of pan.
- Add the chicken to the top of the dressing.
- Mix 2 tbsp of flour to 1/2 can of chicken soup and add 1 1/2 cups of water (*you want 2 cups of liquid for gravy).
- Pour over top of chicken and dressing.
- Cover tightly and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Serve with mashed potatoes, carrotes, yellow beans and peas.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »