- 1cupgreen peppers, thinly sliced
- 1cupyellow bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1cupred bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1cuponions, thinly sliced
- 1 (4 ounce)can choppedgreen chilies, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce)packagecream cheese, softened
- 8ouncescheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (18 ounce)package homestyleburrito-size flour tortillas
- cumin or chili powder, to taste
- 8ouncessour cream
- Saute peppers and onions in margarine in a large skillet.
- Stir in cumin.
- Spoon out any liquid in the skillet.
- Set pepper mixture aside.
- In a small bowl, combine green chilies, cream cheese and cheddar cheese (the recipe may be made ahead up to this point).
- Assemble quesadillas as follows: spread about 3-4 tablespoons of cheese mixture on 1/2 of a flour tortilla.
- Top with sauteed peppers and onions.
- Fold over.
- Very lightly spread butter on the top of the folded tortilla and sprinkle with cumin or chili powder.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake in preheated 400º oven for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
- Cut into thirds or fourths.
- Mix sour cream and salsa together and serve as a dip with the cut quesadillas.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »