- 2egg whites
- 1/4teaspooncream of tartar
- 1cupsugar(I assume they mean granulated in this recipe)
- 1/3cupdate filling(Solo or Baker are good brands)
- Mix egg whites, water, cream of tartar and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler or saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Remove water from heat.
- Immediately place mixture into the top half of a double boiler or in a metal mixing bowl and place on top of the double boiler or saucepan, whichever you have.
- Beat mixture in the bowl for 3 minutes, using a mixer or beater.
- Stir in date filling.
- Goes great with both yellow and spice cakes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »