- 1cup shreddedmozzarella cheese
- 1cup crumbledfeta cheese
- 1/2-3/4cup shreddedparmesan cheese
- 10-12banana peppers(mild may be substituted)
- 1 (26 ounce)jarspaghetti sauce(homemade is great, too)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the three cheeses in a medium-sized bowl.
- Prepare the peppers by cutting off tops and carefully scraping out the seeds with a knife (try not to poke holes in the peppers).
- Stuff each pepper with the cheese mixture, using the end of a spoon or your finger to pack the cheeses tightly.
- After all the peppers are stuffed, pour a small amount of the sauce into a baking dish (I use a 9″x9″ dish), coating the bottom.
- Arrange the stuffed peppers into a single layer in the bottom of the dish (it’s OK to lay a few on top if you run out of room in the dish).
- If you had any remaining cheese mixture left, you may sprinkle it on top of the peppers now or simply freeze it for next time.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce on top of the peppers, covering them completely.
- Bake, covered, for 30-40 minutes, or until peppers are soft and sauce is nice and bubbly (it may take longer if the peppers have thick flesh).
- Serve with spaghetti or other pasta.
- NOTE: Measurements for the cheeses are approximate; you may adjust the amounts and types of cheeses to your own taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »