- 3-4tablespoonsolive oil
- 1onion, diced
- 1carrot, diced
- 6garlic cloves, minced
- 1stalkcelery, diced
- 1pepper, diced
- 1largeeggplant, peeled and diced
- 1largeportabella mushroom, gills removed and diced
- 3 (28 ounce)canscrushed tomatoes
- 2tablespoonsdried Italian herb seasoning
- 4fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 1tablespoonfresh parsley, roughly torn
- Heat oil in a large deep heavy bottom pot over medium high heat.
- Add next 7 ingredients and saute till almost tender about 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Transfer to a large crock pot add tomatoes, dried seasoning, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on high stirring ever so often.
- If it starts to stick to bottom turn to low or finish by adding the fresh herbs.
- If you`re not around to stir cook on low till desired thickness.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »