- 1 1/2cupsbutteror margarine
- 1 1/2cupscreamy peanut butteror crunchy peanut butter, your choice
- 1 1/2cupssugar
- 1 1/2cupsbrown sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 2 1/4teaspoonsbaking soda
- 3 3/4cupsflour
- 12ouncespeanut butter chips
- 1cupnuts (optional)
- Cream peanut butter and margarine, add sugars and mix well.
- Add eggs and mix until creamy.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Chill for one hour-I usually skip this step and chill between batches.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets- do not flatten.
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer onto newspaper- the newspaper soaks up extra grease so the cookies don’t become crumbly, little trick I learned from my MIL- this is also optional.
- Edited to add – Immediately after the cookies are completely cooled I always transfer them to an airtight container.Several posters have mentioned the cookies get hard if you leave them out.I have never had that problem – these cookies have always stayed soft and moist if they are stored in an airtight container.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »