- 16quartsfresh tomatoes
- 4hot peppers
- 4bell peppers
- 8 (6 ounce)canstomato paste
- 1 1/2cupssugar
- 2cupscooking oil
- Blanch tomatoes in boiling water.
- Take out of water and put into an ice bath.
- Skin should slip off easily.
- Chop garlic, hot peppers, bell peppers and onions in a food processor.
- Put cooking oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic, peppers and onions and cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- Remove vegetables from the oil and drain well on paper towels.
- Discard any oil left in the pan.
- Put the tomatoes in the food processor and pulse until they are coarsly chopped.
- Mix the garlic, peppers and onions with the tomato paste, sugar, salt, basil and oregano in the large stock pot.
- Stir in the tomatoes and mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- Pour into clean, hot quart jars.
- Process in a pressure cooker at 5 pounds pressure for 10 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »