- 2jalapenos, seeded and chopped fine(wear gloves)
- 2cups regularsour creamor low-fat sour creamor fat free sour cream
- 1egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3cupmilkor low-fat milkor nonfat milk
- 1 (6 ounce)packageMexican cornbread mix
- 1 (16 ounce)package wholefrozen okra
- oil(for frying)
- Combine the peppers and sour cream.
- Chill till ready to use.
- In a small bowl combine beaten egg and milk and set aside.
- Place cornbread mix in a plastic or paper bag and set aside.
- Dip frozen okra, one at a time, in the egg/milk mixture and then shake to coat in the cornbread mix.
- Place coated okra on a large piece of wax paper or foil.
- Dip and coat all the okra and set aside.
- In a medium skillet heat oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry coated okras 4-6 at a time for 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve as an appetizer with the dipping sauce or with just plain sour cream.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »