- 1/2cupteriyaki marinade
- 1/2teaspoonChinese five spice powder
- 1tablespoon gratedfresh ginger
- 3tuna steaks, each cut into 4 strips
- 2tablespoonspeanut oil
- 1teaspoonwasabi paste
- 2tablespoonspickled ginger
- Mix the teriyaki marinade, five spice powder and ginger.
- Place tuna slices into a non-metallic dish.
- Pour over the marinade.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to marinade for 10 minutes.
- In a large non-stick pan (or use your barbecue) heat the oil.
- Fry the tuna over fairly high heat for 1-2 minutes each side (or until cooked to how you like them).
- Mix together the mayonnaise and wasabi paste.
- Serve the tuna with some of the wasabi mayonnaise and place some pickled ginger on top.
- Very yummy with plain, boiled rice and stir-fried chinese greens.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »