- 2 (3 lb)pork spare rib racks, trimmed
- 1 (12 ounce)bottle thickteriyaki baste and glaze
- 1/3cupdry sherry
- 4teaspoonsdark brown sugar
- 1tablespoon finely chopped peeledfresh ginger
- 1 1/2teaspoonschili-garlic sauce
- 1cuphickory chips, soaked in water 30 minutes,drained
- Position rack in middle of oven and preheat to 375°F Sprinkle ribs with pepper.
- Wrap each rib rack tightly with heavy-duty foil.
- Set packets on large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake ribs until just tender, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Cool ribs 30 minutes in foil.
- Unwrap foil.
- Pour all juices from ribs into medium bowl.
- Spoon off and discard fat from surface of pan juices.
- Stir teriyaki baste and next 4 ingredients into pan juices.
- Prepare bbq (medium heat).
- Place smoke chips in 8×6-inch foil packet with open top.
- Set packet atop coals about 5 minutes before grilling.
- Grill ribs until heated through and well-glazed, turning and basting often with teriyaki mixture, about 20 minutes total.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »