- 1 1/3cupscake flour
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1/4cupunsweetened applesauce
- 1teaspooncanola oil
- 1 (8 ounce)package silkenlow-fat tofu
- 1teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1/3cupcocoa powder
- 2tablespoons choppedwalnuts, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to fit in bottomof 8×8 baking pan.
- With paper removed grease bottom and sides of pan with vegetable shortening.
- Place waxed paper on top of greased pan bottom and grease top of waxed paper.
- In food processor fitted with metal chopping blade, process all dry ingredients.
- Empty into small bowl and set aside.
- Place all wet ingredients in work bowl, and process until smooth, scraping the bowl sides occasionally.
- Add dry mixture al at once.
- Pulseto blend until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before turning out.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »