- 1lbItalian sausage(any variety, casings removed)
- 1/2lbground beef
- 2 (28 ounce)canstomatoes(I used one crushed and one puree)
- 1 (8 ounce)cantomato sauce(I use Red Pack)
- 1/2largeonion, diced
- 1largecarrot, peeled and diced
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 1/2cupbeefor vegetable stock
- 1/3cupwhite zinfandel wineor blush wine
- salt and pepper
- Remove sausage from casings.
- In a large pot, brown sausage and ground beef.
- Remove meat from pot and set aside.
- Remove excess grease (reserving some to saute veggies) from the pot and add carrot, onion and garlic.
- Cook until soft and onion is transparent.
- Add meat back into the pot, stirring mixture for about two minutes.
- Add wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce to meat and veggie mixture.
- Bring sauce to quick boil.
- Simmer on low for at least 3 hours.
- If sauce beomes too thick for your taste, thin it with the broth.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »