- 1 (3 lb)whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 (8 ounce)containerplain yogurt
- 2tablespoonslemon juice
- 1smallonion, finely chopped
- 2clovesgarlic, minced
- 1teaspoonground ginger
- 1/4teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1/4teaspoonground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Set aside 1/3 mixture.
- Place chicken pieces in the bag and gently coat them with the mixture.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate turning the bag several times for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Remove chicken from plastic bag and arrange on broiler pan.
- Spoon the reserved mixture evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Preheat oven broiler, and broil chicken until well browned and juices run clear; about 5 minutes.
- This is also great on the grill.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »