- 1/2lblean ground beef
- 1deep dish pie shell
- 3tablespoonstaco seasoning(homemade, or I use Penzeys)
- 1 (15 ounce)canrefried beans
- 1 (8 ounce)jarsalsa(your favorite)
- 8ounces shreddedcheese(Cheddar, Mexican blend, whatever)
- 2cups crushedtortilla chips(approx.; flavor doesn’t matter)
- lettuce (optional)
- diced tomatoes (optional)
- slicedblack olives (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- slicedjalapenos (optional)
- Bake the pie crust according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Add taco seasoning, following package directions.
- Mix the beans and the salsa in a bowl.
- Spread the bean mixture in the bottom of the baked pie crust.
- Add half the ground beef.
- Top with half the tortilla chips.
- Top with half the cheese.
- Repeat ingredient layering to make a second layer.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
- Cool for 10 minutes to allow pie to set.
- Slice and top with whatever optional toppings you would like.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »