- 1lbred swiss chardor green swiss chard
- 3tablespoonsextra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2cup softfresh breadcrumbs
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 2smalltomatoes, i use italian tomatoes,seeded and diced
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Trim coarse leaves and thick center ribs from chard; cut tender stems and leaves into 1/2-inch slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet; add bread crumbs; cook, stirring often, until crisp and golden; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Cool skillet slightly; add remaining oil and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes; add chard and cook until wilted, 1-2 minutes; add tomatoes, salt, and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle bread crumbs over the top.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »