- 3/4cup crumbledvanilla wafers(I use my Tefal grinder)
- 2tablespoonsbutter, melted
- 2tablespoonsgranulated sugar
- 1/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 2tablespoonsground almonds (optional)
- 6ouncescream cheese, softened
- 4tablespoonsgranulated sugar(more if you’ve a serious sweet tooth)
- 4teaspoonsall-purpose flour
- 1/4cupevaporated milk
- 1/2teaspoonvanilla extract
- 1ouncebittersweet chocolate or semisweet chocolate, chopped(or chips)
- 1ouncepeanut butter morsels(or chips)
- Line muffin pans with liners (I use 6-cup muffin pan and bake in 2 batches).
- FOR CRUST: Combine crumbs, ground almond, butter and sugar in a bowl; press onto bottom of the cupcake liners (you may reserve 2 TB of crumb-mixture for topping).
- Bake for 5 minutes at 375°F, and let cool.
- FOR FILLING: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth, then gradually beat in evaporated milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- Melt the PB chips and chocolate separately on Medium-High (70%) power for 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals (stirring until smooth), then mix both the melted PB chips and chocolate together until well-combined.
- Stir 1/3 portion of cream cheese mixture into melted mixture, then pour remaining cream cheese mixture over the mini crusts.
- Pour chocolate mixture over plain mixture and swirl with toothpick, pulling plain cream cheese mixture up to surface.
- Sprinkle some crumb-topping over the cheese batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325°F for 15 minutes or until set; cool completely on wire rack, then chill in refrigerator.
- NOTE: I find that adding 2 TB of ground almonds enhance the taste of the crust and another tip is, I fill the 3 empty muffin cup with water (about 1/2 full) for the second batch of baking.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »