- 1lbsweet potatoes
- 2eggs, beaten
- 1/2teaspoonbaking powder
- 1/4cupmatzo meal
- 2-4tablespoonsolive oil(for frying)
- 1cupreal maple syrup
- 1/2teaspoon gratedgingerroot
- choppedmint leaves, for garnish
- peel potatoes and shred in food processor.
- put in a colander or strainer and squeeze to get rid of excess moisture.
- add beaten eggs to a bowl, add sweet potatoes.
- mix in baking powder, matzoh meal, salt, pepper.
- heat sauce in the meantime–.
- mix all sauce ingredients in a small pan over low heat, and keep warm.
- heat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet and add small ladlefuls of sweet potato batter.
- cook for 3-4 minutes per side.
- remove to paper towels to drain oil.
- add additional oil to skillet, fry latkes and drain on paper towels.
- place the sauce on plates, add latkes and garnish with mint.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »