- 1egg yolk
- 200mlall-purpose flour
- sugar, for coating
- Mix egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of sugar, milk and flour together to form a smooth batter.
- Place the rosette iron in the oil and heat oil to 180 C; remove iron.
- Dip the hot iron into batter and hold it over the hot oil for a moment so that the batter firms up a bit.
- Fry the rosette in the hot oil until golden brown, approximately 1 minute.
- Push the rosette from the iron with a fork and drain on paper towel.
- Heat the iron in the oil again before making the next rosette.
- Dip the cooled rosettes in granulated sugar.
- Rosettes keep in a cool place for 8-10 days, and you can also freeze them for up to 2 months.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »