- 3lbs frim-ripeapricotsor peaches
- 1/2cupsugaror Splenda sugar substitute
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 1/2teaspoonground cinnamonor mace
- Cut each of the apricots lengthwise into quarters (sixthe if they’re very large),discarding pits, (if using peaches, peel them and cut into thin wedges), you should have about 8 cups fruit total.
- In a large bowl, gently mix fruit, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup flour (see note), lemon juice, cinnamon, and salt; Taste fruit and add more sugar if desired (up to 3/4 cup total).
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with 20-inch-long sheet of foil (there should be about 5 inches of overhang on each side of the pan); Line the foil with a 20-inch-long piece of plastic wrap.
- Pour fruit into plastic wrap; pull edges together and fold over to seal; then repeat to seal foil over plastic.
- Freeze up to 3 months, removing from pie pan, after filling is hard, about 8 hours.
- From Freezer to oven:.
- To bake pie, unwrap frozen filling and place in a 9-inch pie pan lined with an unbaked crust; cover with top crust, crimp edges to seal, cut small slits in top to vent.
- Place on foil lined baking sheet, for easy clean-up, Bake pie in a 375 degree oven or convection until top crust is browned and filling is bubbling in the center,1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours (if crust gets brown before filling is bubbling, cover loosely with foil).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »