- 1 (4 lb)pork loin
- 6-8fresh sage leaves
- olive oil
- 6ounces stove toppork stuffing mix
- 1/2cupdried cranberries
- 1granny smith apples, chopped
- Season loin with salt& pepper to taste.
- Arrange sage leaves over loin.
- Sear in cast iron skillet w/just enough oil to coat bottom of pan.
- Remove from stove top when sides are nicely browned.
- Mix together prepared stuffing with cranberries and chopped apple.
- Remove loin from skillet and make a slit down the long side of the loin (one side only- careful not to cut into two pieces).
- Loosely pack the stuffing into the cut loin and return to skillet- any extra can go around the outside of the loin.
- Bake at 400º on top rack of oven till done- 35-45 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »