- 2cupslong-grain rice
- 1cup blackdal
- 1tablespoon toastedcumin seeds
- 1cupwater(more as required)
- clarified butter
- 1/2lbminced chicken(lamb can be used)
- 1cuppaneer cheese, crushed
- 1cup finely choppedscallions
- 1teaspoongarlic, minced
- 1teaspoonginger, minced
- 2fresh chili peppers, minced
- 1/2cupfresh tomatoes, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoonscooking oil
- For rice crepes, soak rice and black dal in water overnight.
- Rinse the soaked rice and lentils mixture thoroughly.
- In a blender, combine the mixture with water to form a smooth batter-like paste.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl; add toasted cumin seeds and salt to taste; mix thoroughly.
- You may need to add more water if necessary to achieve the consistency similar to crepe mixture.
- Let the batter rest for at least six hours.
- To prepare rice crepes, in a non-stick frying pan heat a tablespoon of clarified butter over medium-low heat.
- Pour in some batter and spread out into a paper-thin crepe.
- Cook until the bottom has crisped up; turn over and cook the other side.
- Remove the cooked crepe and reserve in a container with tight lid.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- For stuffing, heat oil in a non-stick sauté pan; fry garlic and ginger until light brown.
- Put in minced meat, salt and pepper.
- Brown the meat and add minced chilies, chopped tomatoes, crushed cheese and chopped scallion.
- Stir in for a few of minutes in low heat until all ingredients are cooked.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Reserve in a large plate to cool.
- On a large plate, put a rice crepe and brush on lightly with some clarified butter.
- Place one and half tablespoons of stuffing mixture in the middle of the crepe and spread out across the middle.
- Fold one edge over the mixture and roll up.
- Repeat with the other pancakes.
- Arrange them in a large plate, topped with achar to serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »